Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK Here Goes - Looking for gay hotels in Santo Domingo

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool OK Here Goes - Looking for gay hotels in Santo Domingo

Can anyone recommend a gay/gay friendly hotel in Santo Domingo. I'll be there in March and would like to scout a suitable place for my buddies and I to hang out at later in June. Would prefer something near the action.

And - all you homophobes...please...NO HATING!!

THanks Much

2. Likes Ringo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Gay friendly Hotel

Duque de Wellington Ave. Independencia #304
    Tel. (809)682-4525

Ant
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gay Hotels in Santo Domingo

I would not stay at the Wellington if they paid me. Unsavory. It used to be a decent place, but it has steadily gone down hill. I would recommend the Hotel Mecure Comercial (809-688-5500), which is located in the Colonial Zone on El Conde. It is Gay friendly with discretion and offers a great rates, perfect location in a European-styled hotel.

Another hotel in Santo Domingo is the Hotel Delta (http://www.hoteldelta.com.do/), located near Mirador Sur Park. They also are Gay friendly, offer good service and rates.

In Boca Chica I would recommend the Costalunga (www.costalunga.net), which is located about 3 blocks from the beach. Nice owner, accomodations, rates and service.

In the north you have Amigos Resorts (www.amigosresorts.com), which is the first all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic. There is another hotel in the north called El Club Paraiso (http://www.elclubparaisocaliente.freeservers.com/). These 2 properties have opened recently and I have not been there as of yet. Hope this helps.

Ant

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I'm certain I'll be able to select one of the suggested hotels.

ANt - you're a knowledgable guy. Any suggestions re. accommodations/villas in Punta Cana that are not all-inclusive.

I've looked - but not a thing.
    thanks again.

Happy Travels!

Ant
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gay-friendly hotels in Santo Domingo

I don't know of any hotels in Punta Cana, per se. But, I will check around. Also, In my previous post I meant to say that AmigosResorts was the first Gay all-inclusive resort in the DR, not the first all-inclusive resort.

I have never had a problem traveling in the DR. I think as long as you are discreet you will be welcomed in any hotel. If you try and bring a local home you might encounter a problem, as most hotels don't allow guests. This is a general rule applied to all tourists, not just Gays.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ant

I like to visit Punta Cana/Boca Chica/ Sto. Dom when in the DR.....and really, really tire of the all-inclusive routine.

I plan on visiting Samana one of these days & will be sure to check out Amigos Resort then.
    A few years ago I rented a villa on Cofresi beach outside of Puerto Plata...my opinion is that the North coast pales compared to the exciting and gorgeous South & East coasts. Just one man's humble opinion

Peace

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMSUITESHOTEL View Post
    As of now, there is only one gay hotel in DR and in Santo Domingo: the ADAM SUITES HOTEL in the colonial zone. Great place to be! Check us online.
    Why open a thread almost 11 years old? You also need to advertise on DR1.

Moderator DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    Why open a thread almost 11 years old?
    Subtle SPAM?
    YAYYYYYYYYYYY Colonial Zone, let's go to CHA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMSUITESHOTEL View Post
    In the city of Santo Domingo and in the entire country there is only one all gay hotel which is the ADAM SUITES HOTEL in the colonial zone area close to all the hot spots in town. Look for it online.
    Banned!!!

Moderator DR1.com

11. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Check reliablerealtydr.com for great rentals in the Punta Cana area

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast